AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL CARTOONISTS ASSOCIATION
SPONSORED BY ELSMORE'S ABC'S OF CARTOONING
MEMBERS .HALL OF FAME .BOOKS .GAG WRITING .GUEST CARTOONS
.SELLING .BULLETIN BOARD
.LIST OF COMICS
MOST CARTOON MARKETS WILL
RETURN SUBMISSIONS ONLY IF ACCOMPANIED BY SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE.
ON FIRST CONTACT, WHETHER YOU SEND CARTOONS OR NOT, ALWAYS ASK FOR GUIDELINES.
CARTOONISTS AND WRITERS SYNDICATE
- 67 Riverside Dr., Suite 1D, New York, NY 10024
www.creators.com - Suite 700, 5777 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045. Submit 15-30 cartoons for proposed strip or panel to Editorial Review Board, Creative Director. Phone 312-337-7003. E-mail: email@example.com
KING FEATURES SYNDICATE INC.
www.kingfeatures.com - 235 E. 45th St., New York, NY 10017. Reports back in 6 weeks. Submit cartoons for proposed strip or panel to Comics Editor.
LOS ANGELES TIMES SYNDICATE
www.lats.com - 218 S. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA. 90012. Send strips/panels to Sarah Gillespie, Executive Editor.
TMS (TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES)
www.tms.tribune.com - 435 N. Michigan Ave. suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60611.Submit 18-30 cartoons for proposed strip or panel to Evelyn Smith, Managing Editor. Reports back in 6-8 weeks.
UNITED MEDIA SYNDICATE
www.comics.com - 200 Madison Ave., 4Th. Floor., New York, NY 10016. Submit 18-40 cartoons for proposed strip or panel to Sarah Gillespie, Director of Comic Art. Phone 212-293-8500. Reports back in 10-12 weeks.
UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE
www.uexpress.com Phone 800-255-6734. 4520 Main St., Kansas City, MO 64111-7701. Submit 24 cartoons for proposed strip or panel to Lee Salem, Editorial Director. Reports back in 4-5 weeks.
PUBLICATIONS - MAGAZINES - ETC.
AGING TODAY - 833 Market St., Suite 511, San Francisco, CA. 94103-1824. Paul Kleyman, Editor. Pays $25 O.P.
- PO Box 46414, Cincinnati, OH 45246. Pays $25, O.P. Slant: Christian Senior Adults. Prefers first rights.
ARABIAN HORSE EXPRESS
- 512 Green Bay Rd., Kenilworth, IL 60043. Pays from $25 - $50. Submit roughs to Editor.
- 2145 Dale Ave., Sacramento, CA 95815. Pays $25, O.P. Submit finished or rough cartoons to Tom Hamilton, Editor. Slant: Hot air balooning.
BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
- 1716 Low St., Des Moines, IA 50309. Pays $200 or more, O.A. Return 4-5 weeks. Submit originals only to Martha Miller, Editor. Half or full sheets OK.
- Youth magazine for the Boy Scouts of America. Black-and-white gag cartoons. One-panel; occasionally we use more than one panel. Humor should be seen through the eyes of young people, particularly boys 8-14, as opposed to humor ABOUT kids as seen through their parents' eyes. Avoid stereotypes such as dumb housewives, buxom blondes, lady drivers, drunken husbands, etc. Also, no hunting or cruelty (although gallows humor is o.k. when done in "Peter Pan" way where it is obviously fantasy.) Outdoor cartoons can feature uniformed Scouts, but please make sure you know what the current uniforms look like. And avoid the stereotype of the fat Scoutmaster leading a brood of young Scouts through the woods. We emphasize more the self-reliance of the Scout and his patrol. Our specs: Size: 8 by 10 or 5 by 7 - Paper: White, any weight you're comfortable with. Finish: We prefer finished art because we insert cartoons at the final moment of makeup. If you send in pencil roughs and we like the idea, you will be contacted to do a finish. Rates: Upon acceptance, we pay $75 per cartoon for first rights. Send cartoon submissions to: Comics Editor, BOYS' LIFE, 1325 West Walnut Hill Lane, Irving, TX 75015
BULLETIN OF THE ATOMIC SCIENTISTS
- 6042 So. Kimbark Ave., Chicago, IL 60637. Pays $25-$50, O.A. Submit to Lauren Spain, Assistant Editor, copies, half or full sheets OK. Slant: Military or scientific.
CALIFORNIA SENIOR CITIZEN
- 4805 Alta Canyada Rd., La Canada, CA. 91011. $7.50 O.A. Query, Purchases first rights. Slant: seniors.
- 465 Gundersen Dr., Carol Stream, IL 60188. Pays $50. Slant: High School and College Students
- Box 6050, Mission Veijo, CA 92690. Submit gag cartoons about cats to K.E. Segnar, Editor. Pays $35, B&W, on publication.
- 401 Dickenson St.,Springfield MA. o1108. Send 3-4 roughs to Barbara Cohen, Publisher. Reports only if interested. Pays $25, B&W, On publication.
- 465 Gundersen Dr., Carol Stream, IL 60188. Pays $50, O.A. Submit to Carol Thiessen, Administrative Editor. Copies, half or full sheets, OK.
COLUMBIA GORGE MAGAZINE
- PO Box 918, Hood River, OR 97031. Pays about $25. Submit originals, copies or roughs to Carol York, Editor. Slant: "Travel along the Columbia River".
- Box 632, GlenEllyn, IL 60138. Pays $25, O.A. Submit sharp, clear copies only, half sheets OK. Return one month. Slant: children 9-12 yrs. Avoid religious, suggestive or unwholesome.
- 5925 Country Lane, Greendale, WI 53129. Pay not disclosed. Tom Curl, Editor.
- 500 Executive Blvd., Ossinge, NY 10562. Pays $75 half page, $125 full page. Buys lots of color. Slant: Journal for doctors: general, family, medical. Cheryl Ennis, Cartoon Editor.
CHRONICLE OF PHILANTHROPY
- 1255 23rd St. NW, Washington, DC 20037. Pays $100, O.A. Submit original art only to Sue LaLumia, Art Director.
DANCE TEACHER NOW - 3101 Poplarwood Ct. #310, Raleigh, NC 27604. Pays $25, O.A. Submit mix of originals, roughs, copies, etc.
- 5822 W. 74th St., Indianapolis, IN. Pays $25, O.A. Return 7-8 weeks. Submit original art only to Chris Jensen, Managing Editor. Slant: Hardware, home center and lumberyard retailers.
- 500-B Bi-County Rd., Farmingdale, N.Y. 11735-3918. Pays $25 O. A. Slant: audio, video, computers, service
FIELD AND STREAM
- Cartoon Editor, 2 Park Avenue, NewYork, NY. 10016, We pay $ 150 O.A....Please note that we have always bought single panel cartoons, but that if we see a series we like we will consider it. Send SASE with your cartoons.
- 3RD FL., 401 Park Ave. South, New York, NY 10016. Submit 10-12 gag cartoons to Judy Linden, Cartoon Editor.
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Geist Magazine, 1014 Homer St., Suite #103, Vancouver, BC V6B 2W9. Canadian Magazine of ideas and culture. Submit copys.
- 4401 Zephyr St., Wheat Ridge, CO 80033. Pays "under $20" on acceptance. Submit copies or originals, half or full sheets to Don Hoflin, Publisher. Slant:Dog showing and breeding". Return within 2 weeks.
INDUSTRIAL CONTROLS INTELLIGENCE
(Carefree Communications) - PO Box 5268, Carefree, AZ 85377. Pays "Under $20" O. A.. Copies O.K. Return in 2 days. Slant: Automation, industrial setting only. Avoid engineers looking dumb or as losers.
- 733 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10017. Pays about $50. Submit cartoons to Martha King, Editor. Slant: People living with multiple sclerosis. Avoid cartoons portraying disease as funny.
JOURNAL OF ITALIAN FOOD & WINE
- 609 W. 114 St., New York, NY 10025. Pays $100 or more, O.P. Submit copies only to J.M. Woggins, Art Director. Slant: Italian Food
- Box 443, Davidson NC 28036. Pays $15, O.A. Submit finished BW cartoons, copies or roughs to Bill Giduz, Editor. Slant: juggling.
KITPLANES - PO Box 6050, Mission Viejo, CA 92690. Pays $25.
LAW PRACTICE MANAGEMENT MAGAZINE
- PO Box 11418, Columbia, SC 24211. Pays $50, O.A. Return 6-8 weeks. Submit to Delmar L. Roberts, Editor and Art Director, copies OK. Slant: Management aspects of law trade.
- 201 8th Ave. S, Nashville, TN 37202. Pays $25 O.A. Turnaround 6 Weeks
MEDICAL ECONOMICS MAGAZINE - Five Paragon Dr., Montvale, NJ 07645-1742. Pays $50-$100, O.A. Quick return. Submit finished or roughs, copies or laserprints, BW only, to Attn: Helen A. McKanna.
MICHIGAN ALUMNUS MAGAZINE- is
looking for cartoons. For a special theme issue about the life sciences we are in need of cartoons regarding genetics (genetic testing, the Human Genome Project, life sciences, etc.). We also are always looking for general
university/college humor. We pay $25 per cartoon. Michigan Alumnus is the official alumni magazine of the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan. It is published quarterly and has a circulation of 100,000, all members of
the Alumni Association. (Our spring issue is a theme issue and will have a circulation of 300,000 as it will go to all alumni, not just Association members.) Topics covered include profiles of alumni, University programs and
departments, research news, and general intereste features with a Michigan-connection. Please contact: Catherine Serrin, Editor, Michigan Alumnus, 200 Fletcher Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1007, 734.763.9743 - email@example.com
- 76 N. Broadway, Hicksville, NY 11801. Pays $25, O.A. Submit original art only, half or full sheets, to Art Salsberg, Editor. Return 2 weeks.
- 1301 59th St. , Emeryville, CA. 94608. Send to Andreas Jones, Kartoon Editor. Reports back in 4-5 weeks. Pays $35, B&W, after publication. Buys one time rights.
- 600 S. Eastcoast Ave., Lantana, FL 33464. Submit 8-12 gag cartoons, originals only, to Michele Cooke, Assistant Editor. Pays $300 ($40 for each extra panel) Buys first rights.
THE NEW YORKER
- 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036. Send 8-10 roughs to Art Editor. No husbands and wives cartoons.
NORTH AMERICAN HUNTER
- 12301 Whitewater Dr., Minnetonka, MN 55343. Pays $35, O.A. Purchases all rights. Submit to Debra Morem, Sr. Editorial Assistant.
PLAYER'S CHOICE MAGAZINE
- PO Box 2271, Mango, FL 33550-2271. Pays $25-$30, 30 days after publication. Submit to M.J. Wilson, Editor. Return in 2 weeks with SASE. Slant: Nightclub life. Copies B&W, no wash.
- If you can draw black & white line drawings, slanted humorously, containing a holiday flavor then waste no time in mailing your hardcopy, with SASE to PROTOONER, c/o Ladd Miller, art director, PO BOX 2270, Daly City,CA 94017-2270. Pay rate is $25,cover cartoon, $15, inside,spot, OA.
firstname.lastname@example.org PH/FAX: (650)755-4827 WEBSITE: http://protooner.lookscool.com/
- 2500 Del Monte St., Sacramento, CA 05601. Pays $200 or more. Submit roughs/w typewritten gags to Ned Hammond, Editor. Slant: Music.
- PO Box 598, Pauls Valley, OK 73075. Submit full or half sheets, copies or original cartoons to Misti Ashfold, Editor.
SATURDAY EVENING POST
- Post Toons, Steve Pettinga, Box 567, Indianapolis IN 46206. Pays $125, O.P. Return 7-8 weeks. OK to submit roughs.(Send your Best)
- 13360 SW 128th St., Miami, FL 33186. Pays $50, O.P. Submit cartoons, half or full sheets, to Bruce Arthur, Cartoon Editor. Slant: Big breasts.
- PO Box 152079, Irving TX 75015-2079. Pays $50, O.A. Submit finished or rough cartoons, full or half sheet to Jon Halter, Editor. No hunting, no smoking, no fat scoutmasters or dumb housewives, no stupid dads, etc.
- 5401 NW Broken Sound Blvd., Boca Rata, FL 33487. Pays $30, O.P. Submit originals to John McGran, Editor. Half sheets OK.
TRAILER LIFE - 2575 Vista Del Mar, Ventura, Ca. 93001, Sherry McBride, Editor. Pays $100 O.A.
WOMAN PILOT MAGAZINE
-EMail - Womanpilot@aol.com - Attn: Danielle Clarneaux, PO Box 485, Arlington Hts. IL 60006-0485 Buys 1St. time rights. Sample copy $3.00
- 1115 Broadway, New York, NY 10010. Pays $25 - $100. Submit copies only, on bond paper, no originals, to Phyllis Goldstein, Cartoon Editor. Avoid shading and washes.
WEST HILLS BULLETIN
- 9229 SW Barber Blvd., Suite 119, Portland, OR 97213. Pays under $20. Quick turnaround.
YOUTHWORKER JOURNAL - 1224 Greenfield Dr., El Cajon, CA 92021. Pays $100 O. A. OK to submit copies.